When it comes to managing money in your checking account, we know mistakes can happen. Citizens Bank offers an Overdraft Privilege Service (ODP). If your account qualifies for Overdraft Privilege, we will consider without obligation on our part, paying items for which your account has insufficient or unavailable funds, instead of returning those items unpaid. Your transactions will be honored until your account exceeds ODP limits. Whether your overdrafts will be paid is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay, if your account is not maintained in good standing.
- $800 for Personal Checking
- $1,500 for Business Checking
For each overdraft we pay (created by check, in person withdrawal, ATM withdrawal or other electronic means), we will charge the standard per item overdraft fee $26. Regardless of the number of NSF items, you will be charged for no more than 6 per day.
Our deminimus amount is $5.00. There will be no fee for items which overdraw an account up to, but not exceeding, $5.00 on any business day.
If you do not use Overdraft Privilege Service, it costs you NOTHING! Overdrafts are due and payable immediately. Accounts that remain overdrawn for 35 consecutive days, ODP limit is suspended and at 60 consecutive days the account may be closed.
If you are opening a new account, you can choose Overdraft Privilege as an additional service. If you are a current customer and would like to add Overdraft Privilege to your existing account, call or visit any of our branch locations and speak to one of our friendly bank representatives.
Other Overdraft Services:
Citizens Bank offers other Overdraft Products in addition to Overdraft Privilege.
- Linked Account - provides automatic transfer from another account
- Overdraft Line of Credit - a loan in the form of a line of credit
For more information on any of our Overdraft Services, please see our Overdraft Privilege Disclosure below.
* You will be charged a $26 fee for each item paid in overdraft or if the account is accessed when the balance is not sufficient for the amount of the transaction. Overdraft protection and the fees may be imposed on transactions created by check, in-person withdrawal, ATM withdrawal, or other electronic means. The amounts of any overdrafts, including our fees, are due and payable immediately, or on demand. Whether your overdrafts will be paid is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, or you are not making regular deposits, or you have too many overdrafts.